Second Baptist Church Prayer Call (Excerpt) – “A Season of Shifting” – Peggy Elliot presents us with message of encouragement so that we may freely operate in the callings and gifts God has bestowed upon us. Peggy Elliott is a prophetic teacher and intercessor who operates in the manifestation gifts of the Holy Spirit.
Message & Teaching Notes
Proverbs 3:5 – Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path.
I hear the Lord saying that we are in a season of shifting. God is shifting us into place for the end time harvest. He is shifting ministers and ministries. Those Shepherds refusing to obey his commands, He is shifting them out of their comfortable positions. Their comfort is causing sheep to go astray, some even to get killed, spiritually slaughtered by the enemy.
God is shifting hearts of those with a heart of flesh. He is moving/shifting people into positions where He needs them. Some shifts will seem extreme, but these individuals knew that the time was coming. God had begun preparing their hearts months ago, even years ago. There is a shift in the Body of Christ.
Many have grown tired of a religious spirit and traditional Sunday service. They want more. They need more of the presence and power of the Holy Spirit. God will supply their needs, according to His riches in glory. Do not be surprised if family members and friends who are Believers, say that they must leave, that God is shifting them into a new position, a new ministry. Wait on God for the shift. Don’t you try to make it happen yourself. Trust in the Lord with all your heart…lean not to your own understanding.
- A shift from revelation to motivation
- A shift from depending on man or self and total dependency upon God
- A shift from honoring man to humbling self before God
- A shift from the living dead to the dead living
- A shift from trying to force a loved one into a relationship with God, to allowing God to pull them into place.
- A shift: Jezebel’s getting delivered instead of dying in her sin
- A shift: Ahab’s coming alive and apologizing for abdicating their responsibilities at home, job, and church
- A shift from regular ole church to apostolic centers : The equipping of the five fold ministry. Teaching on the manifestation gifts of the Holy Spirit